Friday, August 26, 2005

Sony Ericsson Z800i


Now that 3 Mobile has finally rolled out in Canberra, I went today to a place where some 3 representatives were demonstrating their new phones. Well, I was sold instantly with this phone - the Sony Ericsson Z800i !

Check it out ! A 1.3 megapixel (video-)camera with zoom, videoconferencing capability, MP3 player, bluetooth, and a free 64mb memory card to boot. When I got to their little stall, they were surfing the net on a laptop through it. The camera is located in the middle of the hinge, and you can just roll it up to point out the back of the phone for taking photos, or roll it down to point at yourself for video conferencing! This phone is being sold so cheap ! $479 on a 24 month contract - $15 a month!

Not only is it a cool phone, but the deal is even better! In order to compete with Vodafone and Virgin, 3 have released the "cap" system - only, these guys are going cheaper than most! For $29 a month you receive $120 worth of call credit (including international calls!), plus an extra $70 to other 3 mobiles. Video conferencing is available between 3 phones for the same cost as a local call!

So, basically I am getting an awesome phone for a maximum of $44 a month! That's less than I'm currently paying with my old broken Nokia 8250 on Optus. FUCK Optus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's good that it's cheap, but I am so over whizz-bang feature packed mobile phones.

I am truly looking forward to going back to my old Nokia 8250. I'll probably replace that, but only with something similar.

Features can piss off, I just want something as small as possible, with a long lasting battery, that hopefully looks kind of cool.

Max Breaker said...

I know what you mean about being minimalistic, but this phone satisfies two things that are currently not:

a) My lack of digital camera - I know it's only a 1.3 megapixel but it's better than nothing and...

b) It puts me temporarily on the cutting edge of phone technology.

And hell, it's cheaper! I have absolutely no reason not to use it! :))