Monday, April 09, 2007

These days...

Not all that much going on the last few days with a couple of exceptions. Firstly, I have to work on Saturday mornings, which shits me off because it takes nearly an hour to get there (and I start at 10am), then I work for just one hour, then again almost another hour back home. It sucks a bit. But ah well, that's Japan for you. It has its pros and cons.

Anyhow I went out on Saturday night with my friend Takako, pictured in the Hanami post below. We went out to an Izakaya, a Japanese style "pub" (for lack of a better word), but these places also serve good food. Anyway I guess we must've eaten and drank a fair bit because after only an adequately filling meal (and about four beers each) we were set back ¥8000 between us. Still, it was yummy!

Today I went to work from 10, and didn't leave till 7. I probably would've been more upset had I not been able to sneak a nap in at lunch time. Heh heh. It's funny, I keep talking to people about my job and how it's pretty easy and they paid me in advance, and they pay for my lunch sometimes, and how I sneak naps in and stuff and they always say they're so jealous! Haha maybe this job isn't so bad after all! In fact, today one of the mother's of the students "donated" an electric keyboard to the school so (presumably) I can play songs and use them to teach English with. Oh well, might be fun, but jeez, these mothers are gung-ho crazy about surrounding their 3 year olds with English. Does it really have that much effect?

Also today I bought a pair of FOSTEX PM0.4 speakers second hand. Only ¥10,000! Retail is substantially more than that, and substantially more again in Australia. So, a good buy I thought.

Otherwise, life kicks on. Here's a picture of one of my neighbours, Jose (from Spain) with which I end this blog entry.

1 comment:

Jacke said...

The PM0.4's got highest mark in the budget range recently in a magazine I read sometimes. Of course, I had already bought my current speakers by that time...