Thursday, April 19, 2007

久しぶり!

Met up with my long-time friend Shiori tonight! This is the girl that I have known longest and still keep in contact with. 9 years! I met her when I was 15!

We (me, her, her friend Asuka and Asuka's friend Mr Endo) went to Shinjuku to eat Okinawan food, which, I soon discovered, is basically anything as long as it's topped with copious amounts of ゴーヤー (go-ya-), a.k.a. "bitter melon". It was OK, I guess.

Anyway it's always funny hanging out with Shiori because it seems that no matter where I go in the world, she comes there within a year or so of my arriving there. First I meet her in 1998 in Okayama, then when I lived in Nara in 2001, she was at uni in Kyoto. Then I go back to Canberra and sure enough, she gets a job at the Japanese embassy in Canberra in 2005. Now I am in Tokyo and she's applying for jobs in Tokyo! I told her that she should stop following me and she smirked and punched me in the arm.

Anyhow, it was a fun day!

No comments: